FANTASTIC FOLLOWERS ~

Sunday, 30 January 2011

SENTIMENTAL SUNDAYS -AND BEAUTIFUL CINNABAR.....

Update - 18th Feb. - Wow, my Oriental card won First Prize at The Stamp Man -  a fabulous £10 voucher to spend in The Stamp Man store. Thank you Jill - that has really made my day!

Hi everyone - hope you are having a relaxing and enjoyable weekend, and thanks so much for popping by!
****
Wow, these Sundays come around very quickly don't they!  So, another DT card for Sentimental Sundays today, and I would love to see what everyone comes up with for this interesting challenge (and of course, a sentiment is required on your project please). The prize this week is four individual sentiment sets from Raindrop Echo Designs at Whimsy Stamps.
*******
This beautiful "Cinnabar" stamp (Stampington and Co.) has been at the back of a drawer for a loooong time so I was very happy when I saw this week's Challenge title at Sentimental Sundays - "Chinese New Year or Asian Inspired".   So peeps - I blew the cobwebs off the stamp, inked it with Black Staz-on and stamped the image onto acetate, then applied gold leaf on the reverse - great idea I thought, until I came to take a photograph that is!! (Naughty acetate)!
*****
The side panels are strips of handmade gold crinkle paper (Washi Momigami), layered onto red card.
My Mizuhiki Knot is made with red Mizuhiki strands, but I know I went wrong somewhere with the ups and overs and unders - (it's so long since I made one)! They are stunning when knotted properly by an expert, and some amazing examples can be found on the www.  There are also various websites which sell the strands and the beautiful Washi papers.
******
The black card is from SU, and the beautiful sentiment by Ann Vento is printed onto red card.
Edges gilded with a Gold Krylon pen.
Inside of card lined with patterned Washi paper.
*****
I am entering my card into the Oriental Challenge at The Stamp Man. ,the "Whateva" challenge at Stamptacular. and the "Love is ..." challenge at
Wild Orchid Challenges
*****
Have a wonderful Sunday and a very happy week.
 

40 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

This card is gorgeous Sylvia! I love the red/black and gold. Simply stunning my friend. "Hugs" Carol

Kristel said...

That is a gorgeous card Sylvia! Looks terrific!
Hugs Kristel

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow Sylvia - this is fabulous . I love Oriental cards and this one is stunning .. with the gold leaf. I can only imagine how beautiful it is in real life.
Lisa ;)

Claire Phillips said...

Absolutely stunning Sylvia. You are so right acetate is an absolute pain to photograph....but your card looks perfect! Cheers Claire x

Lynne K said...

Wow! This is stunning! Red & black is always so striking, and I love the Mizuhiki Knot. The Washi paper on the inside is gorgeous. I also like the panelled design. Beautiful!

Tracey said...

Beautiful card & so elegant :) Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

chris said...

its beautiful Sylvia.

laney said...

WOW!! Sylvia this is gorgeous!!!love everything about it.. put together perfectly!!
hugs
laney

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sylvia, what a gorgeous card love the mono look and your image is beautiful, that knot is fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

RefRacBe said...

Lovely card, Sylvia. Your card really captures the oriental theme. Rachel x

Dorcas said...

THis is really awesome, Sylvia!!

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is stunning so beautiful love love that image hugs cheryl xx

lisa said...

Wow, Sylvia, I bet this has a beautiful sheen to it irl. You've photographed it very well. Well done on the knot. I was sent some instructions and some cord to have a go by a lovely blogging buddy some time ago but haven't got round to it. She did send me some made up ones too and I know mine won't be as good as hers, she's an expert. Yours look great. It's a lovey sentiment too.
Thanks for joining us at The Stampman this week(I how I looove saying that!!!)
See you soon.
Hugs Lisax

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Sylvia-brilliant caard you made! Love the tassel you made! How cool it is! Have a great day! :) Amy

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card you have done the stamp great justice. XOXO Zoe

Sarah said...

WOW!!! colours are stunning Sylvia this is a beautiful make Hugs
Sarah x

Gini said...

Fabulously regal, orderly and linear a perfect reflection of Japanese culture. Love the colours together and the gold makes it totally sumptuous :-)
Gini
xx

Céline said...

fab card love the chinese look
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Dezinaworld said...

Wow thats a gorgeous card.beautiful design and so rich in colour
have a wonderful week
hugs June x

duendes said...

Dear friend is a wonderful job.
you're so good and we can all marvel at.
You're a great artist.
a creative week for you.
big big hugs

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Sylvia, such rich colours and the stamp on acetate looks amazing.
Thanks for sharing it with us at the Stamp Man.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Tameko said...

Sylvia,
This card is so elegant. Just love the colors, and papers. And the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for visitng my blog, and leaving such sweet comments. Blessings~Tameko

Spyder said...

This is a fabulous card, I love the rich colours and the 'gold'

(((Lyn)))

Dragon said...

That is a beautifully balanced oriental creation.. Thanks for playing without the Stampman theme this time
Frankie
xx

Cheryl said...

Your card is so gorgeous!

Eileen said...

How lovely and rich is this !! I always pop across to see how you are doing and find I am inspired and can't wait to have a go at something I have seen on your gorgeous blog .... this card is 'kicking off' the oriental in me again Thank you for the support you give to my blog Syliva ....hugs to you xxxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh such a gorgeous card Sylvia!
hugs
kim x

Gemma said...

Being a proud mother of two Chinese daughters this card certainly appeals to me, love the colour combination you used! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and please check our site we are lloking for new DT members! Hugs Gemma

Sandra said...

Hiya Sylvia! Hope you are well, just catching up on your beautiful 'makes' and I'm inspired again... each one is beautiful.
See you soon.
Hugs
Sandra x

Susan Allan said...

Gorgeous card, so rich and the knots and gold paper are magnificent.
Yes, I will keep my boxes until I am sure they won't be needed.
Have a lovely evening.
Sue xx

Julye said...

Fab card and love the others on your blog too, am now a follower, well we yorkshire girls have to stick together even if we are from different ridings they are always only a stones throw apart.

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

pickle said...

wow this is stunning xx

Liz said...

OMG Silvia What an utterly beautiful card its just so stunning I LOVE LOVE LOVE it your an amazing crafter Wonderful work

Liz xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Oh Wow Sylvia, this is stunning,love the details and the lovely verse too, your Mizuhiki knot is perfect, have fun! hugs Liz xx

Mina said...

wow I love this card Sylvia, the gold is fantastic...arent the weeks just flying by it will be March before we know it
Mina xxx

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Sylvia, this is STUNNING! So glad I dropped by to catch up with your blog today. :) Love the gold leaf on acetate.

Larissa said...

Very pretty Sylvia! Perfect colours together!

Hugs,
Larissa

Neil said...

Such a stunning card, well done on winning the top spot!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Very well done!

Lucy x