FANTASTIC FOLLOWERS ~

Tuesday 8 December 2009

CHRISTMAS CARDS!


Hi peeps! Hope you're all having a good day!  Just popping by to share a couple of festive cards with you.  Both cards use very different techniques, but are fun to make.
On the top card I've used a piece of cheap glossy photopaper (ideal for this job) for the image, firstly applying drops of Alcohol Blending Solution here and there, then adding drops of two different shades of Alcohol Inks - one colour over the sky area, another for the houses (leaving some white showing through for a  "snowy" effect).  I added more drops of  Blending Solution and moved the card around, so the inks dribbled and swirled! (Oooh I do love playing with Alcohol inks)!!  The stamp is from the Elusive Images "Snow is Falling" set - this was stamped onto the inked paper with black Memento. The image was then trimmed and layered onto silver mirri card. I picked out some of the snow on the roof-tops with white gel pen. The greeting has been done on the computer, punched out with the SU oval scallop punch and the edges inked.  Finished off with a tree charm.
The second card was very quick and easy to make,  using the CB Holly embossing folder on cream card, and embossing a couple of lines beneath the image using a Score Board. I've applied pale blue chalk on the Holly leaves to tone in with the Bazzill base card, and added Glamour Dust here and there (which does not show up on the photo). Finished off with a Papermania greeting stamp and cream ribbon.
Thanks for looking - Hugs, Sylvia xxxxxxx



11 comments:

Nicola said...

Two gorgeous cards Sylvia, love how you have create the card with alcohol inks - the result is stunning as is your bugged card and what a gorgeous sentiment stamp you have used on that one.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Fliss said...

These are beautiful Sylvia. The alcohol inked background card is an absolute stunner and the stamp is lovely.
Hugs, Fliss xxx

Beryl said...

Both very different cards but they have one thing in common - they are fabulous.
Beryl xx

cheryl said...

wow 2 gojus cards hun so love the embossing just so elagant hugs cheryl xxxxx

Cheryl said...

WOW beautiful work and how effective are those techniques!!! I have an award on my blog for you.
Hugs xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Sylvia they are gorgeous, simple but classy, well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Claire Phillips said...

I so love those wee housies - what fabulous colour and that charm - oh so gorgeous! x

Sheila said...

Sylvia, both card are stunning, the embossed one is truly gorgeous.
Hugs
Sheila xx

June Nelson said...

Wow Sylvia two magnificent cards, and I Live the alcohol ink effect so clever. I must bookmark you as Ikeep losing your blog lol, and thats just no good, your cards are dreamy xxxxx

Lexxie said...

2 amazing cards Sylvia, love the alcohol inks too, and I adore the holly embossing folder,
Fab work,
Love Sarita xx

Monica said...

You are so clever to play with alcohol inks... that picture reminds me of Prague!!!

The second card is so soft and gentle... love the embossing. I love embossing except that I do it manually and it is quite a task to get my little light box out of the drawer. I think I must invest in a Cuttlebug system.

Was at Leigh's blog and hopped over to yours.

Love,

Monica