FANTASTIC FOLLOWERS ~

Thursday 2 June 2011

NO DESIGNER PAPERS AT MAWTT THIS WEEK!!!

 Hi peeps - hope you are all having a happy week.
After 5 days, my Followers have returned, no thanks to "Blogger Help". I downloaded Firefox and the followers returned immediately, so if anyone else is having problems, it may be worth trying.
I am also a very happy bunny to learn that I won the prize at last month's Magical Worlds challenge at Sir Stampalot with my MAWTT DT Mermaid card HERE
*********
Anyway, enough of my rambling - this week at the MAWTT Challenge it's the lovely Shell's turn to host, and she doesn't want to see any of those gorgeous Designer papers on your project (yikes)!!  So c'mon - I know you can do it!!
Our lovely Sponsor this week is Didge, (Shells' Daughter) whose images are available from Stitchy Bear Stamps . The prize is 3 of Didge's cute images, which were designed exclusively for  MAWTT - pop over there for all the details.
****************
  I have used a beautiful Poinsettia image, also from Didge,  and made my first Christmas card of 2011 - yayyy!!

Recipe:-
The textured Very Vanilla card is from Stampin' Up.
The Poinsettias have been re-sized, cut out and layered, then coloured with Copics.  The swirl stamp is from Crafty Individuals, and the digi sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Designs, available from Whimsy Stamps. 
Edges inked with black Staz-on to create a slightly "worn and shabby" look. Glamour Dust added to the flower centres.
******
Thank you for all the wonderful entries last week, and don't forget - no designer papers!!
Love to all ~

23 comments:

DesignerDiva said...

Great card Sylvia - I wish I'd started my Christmas cards!
Hugs Laurie x

Larissa said...

Great card Sylvia! Love the poinsettia's and how you layered them!

Hugs,
Larissa

May Britt said...

Beautiful card...

Lisa Jane said...

LOve the texture on your card Sylvia and the gorgeous flourish and sentiment panel
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, Sylvia! I was going to email you back, but I've been having problems with email (BT yahoo maintenance apparently). Firefox definitely seems to be working for most people.Glad you are finding it better. BTW, if you want to follow a blog, but can't find it on the sidebar, there is a follow button right at the top of the blog on the left hand side (Next to the search box)

Christine said...

Hi Sylvia wow this is gorgeous stunning flowers great layout love it..BTW I cant see your followers.....mmmm

smiles Christine xx

CraftinGranny said...

Very elegant card Sylvia. Love the red poinsettias. "Hugs" Carol

RefRacBe said...

Fabulous card, Sylvia. I definitely won’t be starting my Christmas cards for few more months yet.
Rachel.

Claire Phillips said...

Really lovely card Sylvia...gorgeous poinsettia and I love the swirls! Cheers Claire x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Sylvia, I love the layered look of the flower. Aren't you good making a Christmas card - you will be ahead of yourself as the time gets nearer.
I've changed to Firefox but I can't see every photo so I have to keep swapping from Firefox to IE to see them and back again to be able to leave a comment. I guess it will all get sorted one day!!!
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Pami said...

Very pretty Sylvia, I love the layout, very elegant Christmas card. Pami x

Berry said...

Lol Sylvia it's all the same probs! I am now one of those folks who uses IE for email and general stuff but has to use firefox for anything I want to do with blogger crazy! Fa work too love the stunning flowers hugs rebekah xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card!!! Hugs Michele x

Nannieflash said...

Oh Sylvia that is gorgeous, those flowers are stunning. hugs Shirleyxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Sylvia, Totally gorgeous Christmas poinsettia, love this card and congratulations on your win at Sir Stampalot, really well deserved! I just noticed you've got 250 followers, congrats again although I'm sure there will be many more joining to see your gorgeous cards, hugs :0) xxx

Joan said...

a gorgeous card, the poinsettia is beautiful.Thanks for your comments ( you are just up the road from me in Yorkshire ! )

lisa said...

Hi Sylvia. What's this about Christmas!!!!!
It's a gorgeous card. I love the poinsetta.
I've been on Firefox for years and Blogger seems to behave much better usually that IE. Hope it continues to be good for you.
You made me smile with your lovely comment, we had cloudy weather all day in Liverpool while you bathed in sunshine. Can't win 'em all!!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Ohh, this is just lovely....again! :)
Love the simple recipe---it looks so elegant!

Lavender and old lace said...

What a lovely card Sylvia so elegant someone who receives it will be so pleased love Dorothy

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card this is

Hazel (Didos) said...

I love this as its so clean and simple. I lost all my followers too for a couple of days but back now. He is being such a pain just now Mr Bloggy!!! Love Hazelxo

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, This card is very nice, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Your card is so pretty and elegant! I love the dimension on the flowers.